The Next Step in Herbalism Course
Are you ready to take The Next Step?
Have you recently completed our “New to Herbs” course? Or did you participate in a past year of Herb Fairies by Learning Herbs? Then you are ready for The Next Step!
During this year long journey, you and your children will explore 13 herbs that can be used safely and effectively to increase your health and ease common ailments.
Over the next 13 months, you’ll learn about:
- St. John’s Wort
- Milky Oats
- Stinging Nettles
Each module will give you in depth information on how to get to know each plant better through a variety of activities that will appeal to children of all ages. Download the corresponding Herbal Roots zine issue for games, puzzles, crafts, recipes, songs, stories and more. Learn to draw each plant and get to know them intimately through sensory exploration.
Each module is woven together in a year long project that culminates into a handcrafted linen or cotton tote bag that your child will cherish for years to come – as they use the bag, they’ll be able to reflect back on each plant they learned about and how each plant can support them in that individual plant’s way.
This year long course includes lots of great bonus materials as well including printable book marks and banners, herbal learning templates, herbarium how-to’s, and more.
What will you get for joining?
Everyone who joins will receive the following:
- 13 issues of Herbal Roots zine (see above for full listing)
- A one year membership to United Plant Savers ($35 value)
- 10% discount at Mountain Rose Herbs
- 20% discount on items such as enamel pins
- Free private online community
- Free printable book marks
- Free printable banners
- Free companion guide giving suggestions on teaching kids about herbs
- Free resource guide
- Monthly “Getting to Know Your Plant” lessons with experiential plant exercises, meditation and how to draw the plant
- Year Long Project that is woven throughout the year to create a handmade project that incorporates all the plants from the year
- Option to purchase enamel badges to give to kids upon completion of each issue (coming soon!)
- Certificate of Completion at the end of the course
How does this work?
Upon enrollment you will be added to a special membership website which gives you immediate access to the free printables and companion guidebook and the first module, “Caught on Cleavers”. Each month a new module will be released. Quizzes will be offered at the end of each month and a certificate of completion will be awarded at the end of the year once all segments have been completed.
It’s Time! Time to take the next step in your herbal journey with your children. Start your journey now with The Next Step.